[Dshield] Overreaction?

Johannes Ullrich jullrich at euclidian.com
Mon Sep 1 15:17:14 GMT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 11:02, Alan Frayer wrote:
> I'm reading reports that AOL has blacklisted a large number of ISP IPs
> because the IPs have been found to be sending virus/worm material.

Possible. But the only 'block' I heard of is that AOL is no longer
accepting e-mail from hosts that do not have 'PTR' records to allow
reverse resolution. This block is a crude, but effective way to block
spam.

BTW: AOL includes a long distance phone number in any bounces it sends.
You can use that number to contact a network tech to help you resolve
the issue. I used it once and found the tech very helpful/knowledgeable.

Johannes Ullrich                     jullrich at euclidian.com
         support at covad.net