[Dshield] Another good deed done

Alan Frayer afrayer at frayernet.com
Wed Sep 3 14:08:18 GMT 2003

Last week I manually reported to Earthlink that one of their subscribers
(65.37.148.109) had been making runs at port 500 on many of my routers.
To date, this IP has logged with dshield 296 records, 266 on port 500.

I am pleased to report that yesterday Earthlink delivered a warning to
the individual, and Earthlink feels the attacks will cease (from this
IP). Earthlink asks that further attacks be reported as warranted.

Once I get my reporting issues worked out, I will be joining the
FightBack crowd.

Alan Frayer,CNE,CNI,CIW CI,MCP,Net+ - afrayer at frayernet.com
Seeking an IT Mgmt/Network Admin position in the Tampa Bay Region
If you would like to discuss an opportunity with me, please e-mail.