[Dshield] DNS issues

Wayne Larmon wlarmon at dshield.org
Wed Sep 3 19:50:06 GMT 2003

> Last night, I chatted online with the tech from RR because we were unable
> to get to hotmail or msn.com. The tech told me that there were some issues
> with DNS servers. I haven't seen anything about this and some of
> our remote
> users are having the same kind of issues. Can anyone confirm this?
> Thanks in advance.

See

Road Runner glitch bars users from MSN
http://news.com.com/2100-1032_3-5070463.html?tag=fd_top

I use Road Runner and I had a problem when I was trying to send an email to
a hotmail address.  My RR tech was less clued in than your tech.  i.e., he
told me there was no RR problem and my email program must be corrupted.

Wayne Larmon
DShield.org