[Dshield] Citibank Followup

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Thu Sep 4 01:10:51 GMT 2003

Well yes and no.  The only way I know of is to go into view and under layout
turn off preview.  That will disable reading HTML but also displaying email
automatcially when you click on it.  It is an advantage for defence against
viruses  and web bugs though, as you can just double click on the email you
want to view and delete the ones you don't without trigering any HTML code
in the process.

Personally I just use a program like mail washer to clean out my inbox first
before downloading and delete preaty much anything that contains HTML (or
attachments for that matter, unless I am expecting it).  In my experience
about 99% of legit email is free of HTML.

-Dan