[Dshield] paper about port blocking

warpmedia warpmedia at comcast.net
Thu Sep 4 16:51:12 GMT 2003

What is unreasonable? Saying fixing PC's is a PC tech job, not the ISP's?
Buying a firewall? Asking that software be properly written?

  If your machine is infected, it's not you providers problem to fix, just
to shut you off until you get it fixed by a professional. Just like if you
HDD crashed or you got hit by lightning. In fact, I shudder at the thought
of Comcast (or any other ISP) trying to solve a problem with my PC.

There WAS nothing wrong with my connect before the port block and
technically there is nothing "wrong" with it now except the fact the ISP
role has changed.

Pay for it? What the F*** do call paying $60/mo? I know T1's and the like
cost a hell of a lot more, but I'm not hosting anything where I need that.

So you can "stuff it" yourself, sideways.