[Dshield] FW: Microsoft Security Update

Doug White doug at clickdoug.com
Thu Sep 4 18:05:45 GMT 2003

rant reply
I agree with most of your points about Joe Sixpack and his used computer with no
original disks.

However, if one has been following all the publicity over the past couple of
years, they will see that it is Microsoft's position that anyone using their
software without a license key or CDROM (with license key) is using pirated
software.  This is not to say I agree with their position, because I don't.

The end result is the same, however, as this forces a number of connected
systems vulnerable to infection, which causes pain to all of us who are
licensed, patched, and up to date.

Featuring Win2003 Enterprise, RedHat Linux, CFMX 6.1 and all databases.
Suggested corporate Anti-virus policy: http://www.dshield.org/antivirus.pdf