[Dshield] paper about port blocking

Michael Leone loki at psu.edu
Thu Sep 4 18:59:29 GMT 2003

I use Comcast Cable at home, never had a problem except for the dumbest
tech support on the face of this planet, and outages. Oh yeah and a cable
modem that looks more like a sex toy. I have my router and my computers
hooked to it, no problems. I get scans, but usually my default dmz is a
linux box where I have netcat bound to the most scanned ports set to dump
/dev/urandom. Although I never caught the beginning of this thread (busy
week). I just wanted to add my pocket lint and broken mechanical pencil.
(Sorry, I'm poor, can't afford $0.02).