[Dshield] WAY OT, Credit Data storeage law

David Hart DavidHart at TQMcube.com
Thu Sep 4 20:14:50 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 14:56, Mark Squire wrote:
> Hi all,
> I was hoping someone would be able to point me to some resources on
> finding out about laws pertaining to storing credit card data on the
> network?

I did some research about a year ago on a collateral issue. Ultimately,
to the best of my knowledge, this boils down to the potential for civil
liability which is determined by the standard of "ordinary care."

To get more current and to have any reasonable level of comfort, you
need someone (probably your attorney) to perform a Lexis/Nexis search.
      Hart's PGP Key: 0xAB6D7FEA - http://TQMcube.com/hart_pgp.txt
         Total Quality Management - A Commitment to Excellence
   Email acceptance policy: http://www.TQMcube.com/email_policy.html