[Dshield] CVTWIN DShield Logs Not Matching

Wayne Larmon wlarmon at dshield.org
Mon Sep 8 16:16:04 GMT 2003

> Holy cow, I didn't know there was a new version of cvtwin out. I was using
> 1.1.24 ohhh I feel so out of touch. Any chance we could get a
> notice posted
> to this mailing list that there's a new version out?

Because CVTWIN supports so many different firewalls and routers, it has lots
of releases that address issues for one specfic firewall.  So there is no
reason for most people to be updated for each release.  Unless there is an
issue that affects your own firewall/router.

Because there are so many CVTWIN releases, I didn't want to clutter up the
list with release announcements.  CVTWIN tends to either work or not, so
there usually isn't a reason for updating if the version you have is
working.  Except for the cases where somebody reports that CVTWIN is
rejecting some lines that it shouldn't and the updated version is better
than the older version.

When in doubt, check the changelog
http://www.dshield.org/clients/cvtwinchangelog.php

CVTWIN download page