[Dshield] Cisco VPN Question

Alan Frayer afrayer at frayernet.com
Tue Sep 9 21:59:20 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 16:38, Roman Fomichev wrote:
> As I understand, the laptop at home with VPN to work is one of the easyest
> ways for hacker to get into
> firewalled office.
> So I have practice with nortel contivity switches, where we have some
> improvements for VPNs:
> 1. all tunnels could be filtered as ordinal connection attempt (this
> feature I have seen on Cyberguards too)
> 2. VPN clinet disconnects if client routing table changes after connection
> was established, and by default all traffic goes into tunnel
> 3. TunellGuard can be installed on client to check for specific
> requirements, such as: enabled personal firewall, active antivirus
> software, etc...

Now, I use a router-to-router VPN to connect small field offices to the
corporate office. I've been contemplating how to telnet into those
routers (or otherwise connect to that network) from home, but have a
dynamic IP on the home router. Can anyone suggest a secure way to let
DHCP-assigned locations into a firewalled network?

Alan Frayer,CNE,CNI,CIW CI,MCP,Net+ - afrayer at frayernet.com
Seeking an IT Mgmt/Network Admin position in the Tampa Bay Region
If you would like to discuss an opportunity with me, please e-mail.