[Dshield] Way off Topic

Milo Milo145 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 10 02:17:59 GMT 2003

Good Evening Everyone:

    Sorry for the off topic question but has anyone heard anything about
Master Card and/or Visa being hacked?  Today I received a snail mail from my
credit card company that read as follows.

    "We have been advised that an unauthorized party may have accessed some
credit card account numbers.  While your "company name" card currently shows
no fraudulent activity, this unauthorized access appears to involve credit
cards from a number of leading credit card companies."

    So I called my company and they said this came directly from Master Card
and Visa, something about an e-mail circulating the reps said.  Then I
called Master Card and Visa and they no nothing about it so I figured I'd
post the question to the list.  Has anyone heard any info regarding Master
Card and/or Vias being hacked?

Thanx, Paul