[Dshield] BIND 9.2.2 croaking

Samantha Fetter sama at snowplow.org
Wed Sep 10 02:15:11 GMT 2003

Have you read about the issue with it croaking if it receives data packets
too large?  (effectively a DOS)  The patch for it only causes the server
to restart, but don't know how effective it is.
We had a problem with it some weeks ago where it turned out some NS out
there had a response saying their DNS servers were down due to one of the
worms, and to try later.  It was hard to spot, but was seen with a packet
sniffer.

Not sure if this could be your problem, but worthy of checking!

Good luck,
Samantha