[Dshield] whois queries

Blanchard, Joe BLANCHAJ at bsci.com
Wed Sep 10 16:29:28 GMT 2003

This is old old news. The strange domain responses from whois
have been around for quite some time. They are actually sub-domains
of others, such as:
YAHOO.COM.WANADOODOO.COM
is actually a sub of Wanadoodoo.com, same thing with all the
others. Just ppl playing games is all.
If you want to actually query yahoo.com do:
whois =yahoo.com

That will filter out the bogus sub domains.

The whois querys I've done seem fine. Might want to
check the server your using for the query
whois -h Whois_Server =domainname

Cheers
-Joe