[Dshield] FW: Hackers jump through holes in Microsoft patch

Neil Richardson neilr at ieee.org
Wed Sep 10 16:51:17 GMT 2003

At 11:20 AM 9/9/2003, you wrote:
 >In the absence of a patch from Microsoft to fix the problem, security
 >experts recommended disabling support for Active Scripting on affected
 >IE versions. Failing that, users should consider uninstalling the
 >popular browser to protect themselves from attack, experts said.

Maybe I'm just suffering from a lack of "my daily dose of caffeine this
morning" (as Johannes put it), but wasn't there a whole anti-trust trial
around the fact that you couldn't remove it (ignoring products like
IEradicator)?

-Neil R.

--
Supreme Lord High Commander and Keeper of the Holy Potato

    If it isn't broken, I can fix it.

[PGP sig stripped for such a brief message]