[Dshield] New Microsoft Windows RPC vulnerability

Ed Truitt ed.truitt at etee2k.net
Wed Sep 10 20:21:39 GMT 2003

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 12:56:10PM -0400, Johannes B. Ullrich wrote:

> MSFT just released a new bulletin:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-039.asp
>
> Happy patching.
>
> (To celebrate this, I will allow a few anti MSFT, pro Linux posts)

OK, here goes...

* * Go-o-o-o-o-o, Tux!  Micro$oft Sux! * *

* * Gimme a P... Gimme a A... Gimme a T... Gimme a C... Gimme a H... What does that spell?  The daily activity of a Windows sysadmin. * *

Actually, I am not too good at this type of ranting ;-)

Just an reminder to all those out there, having the MS03-026 patch does NOT protect you from the New, Improved Vulnerabilities!  You need the New, Improved Patch!

BTW, at latest look I had almost 1/4 MILLION hits on 135 yesterday (8 tarpitted IPs), and over 180,000 so far today.  Things are still too lively out there :-(

--
Edward D. (Ed) Truitt
email:  ed.truitt at etee2k.net
http://www.etee2k.net
"Note to spammers: my 'delete' key is connected to YOUR ISP.