[Dshield] New Microsoft Windows RPC vulnerability

Scott Williamson swilliamson at acespower.com
Wed Sep 10 21:02:41 GMT 2003

I haven't tried the HFNetchkPro.  We use Update Expert www.stbernard.com.  It works well for us.

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Sue Young [mailto:smy at gcmlp.com]
Sent:	Wednesday, September 10, 2003 2:36 PM
To:	'General DShield Discussion List'
Subject:	RE: [Dshield] New Microsoft Windows RPC vulnerability

You might want to look into patch management software.  Right
now I've been trying HFNetchkPro from Shavlik.  It's very
easy and works well.  I haven't tried any others yet.  I
can easily live with this one.

One problem - it doesn't seem to have the 03-39 patch yet.
This will give me a good chance to see how fast they update.
Right now they only go up to 03-37

Sue Young