OT: Help on using RSS Feed (was: Re: [Dshield] infocon "yellow")

Alan Frayer afrayer at frayernet.com
Thu Sep 11 14:55:56 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 10:44, David Hart wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 10:24, Alan Frayer wrote:
>
> > I use Evolution on my Linux desktop, which has a RSS client built-in.
> > For everyone else, RSS clients are available cheap or free (Google is
> > your friend). RSS is also a popular tool in placing real-time news feeds
> > on web pages, though I never looked at how to do so.
> >
> How do you do this with Ev?
> >
>From the Summary display, choose Tools|Settings|Summary Preferences,
then the News Feeds tab. Choose the New Feed button, and give it the URL
of the feed along with a simple description. Next, find the new feed in
the feed list, highlight it and choose Add. Finally, close the Settings
window, and your done.

Alan Frayer,CNE,CNI,CIW CI,MCP,Net+ - afrayer at frayernet.com
Seeking an IT Mgmt/Network Admin position in the Tampa Bay Region
If you would like to discuss an opportunity with me, please e-mail.