AW: [Dshield] New Microsoft Windows RPC vulnerability

Graham Dodd g.dodd at falk-ross.de
Thu Sep 11 16:16:29 GMT 2003

Well I don't know how you guys keep up with this patching, but right now I'm
tired, p!$$&= off and two patches behind. Sysadmin is my second job in the
company, and I have a hard time getting through the emails before my "real"
work begins.

I'm seriously thinking of switching to Linux as OS with VMWare for those
times when I have to run Windows (VB, Access programming) and setting all
other users up on thin clients.

If MS sold cars and appliances to the same standard as their bugware they
would have been out of business a long time ago.

Any suggestions that can aid patching and cut down on my caffeine intake
would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Graham