[Dshield] Wired article on dealing with viruses and worms

Alan Frayer afrayer at frayernet.com
Thu Sep 11 17:07:05 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 11:58, Mark Squire wrote:
> What do you all think of Schwarz's comments?
>
> http://www.wired.com/news/infostructure/0,1377,60391,00.html

This fits into the class of discussion I call, "Guns don't kill people;
people kill people." It is controversial, and potentially will drag this
list down a path the moderator would not like us to go down, but I'll
register a vote against Schwarz's comments. The tools are not creating
worms and viruses on their own (yet). They still need someone to make
them do so. The problem as I see it is that law enforcement is doing a
poor job of finding the source of a virus, and prosecuting it.

Alan Frayer,CNE,CNI,CIW CI,MCP,Net+ - afrayer at frayernet.com
Seeking an IT Mgmt/Network Admin position in the Tampa Bay Region
If you would like to discuss an opportunity with me, please e-mail.