[Dshield] Most absurd

Keith Bergen keith at keithbergen.com
Fri Sep 12 14:46:42 GMT 2003

How about courses for companies that have trained IT
departments that still get infected?

This article is very absurd. While I wish that more people
were better educated on security, I more wish that companies
make security patching easier. Instead of having
a "temporary" antivirus package installed on your new
computer, why not have a full-blown package that is
automatically updated? Those that wish to could disable it if
they were experienced enough to know how. Why can't we have
an operating system that is installed securely with the
firewall enabled and immediately protecting the computer?

Sure, these would limit the access to the systems, but the
more advanced users would then be able to disable them. I'm
not necessarily talking about installing things that aren't
there already ... just enabling them.

Keith.