[Dshield] Most absurd

John Hardin johnh at aproposretail.com
Fri Sep 12 17:42:59 GMT 2003

On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 10:11, Johannes Ullrich wrote:

> Other than that, it is much easier to ship a PC "secure" and
> this way force the users to get educated as they try to figure
> out how to turn on a particular service.

You're assuming they don't give up on it as "too difficult" and throw
the whole thing in the trash.

Then again, from *our* standpoint that may be a beneficial side effect!

> However, "professional" users are a different story. Someone
> running an ISP, or a company running a larger IT operation
> has to have qualified personnel on staff. Needless to say,
> SANS offers such training ;-).

How often do such personnel need basic skills training?

I still think an open-source Basic Skills curriculum would be a Major
Good Thing.

Deb, you looking for fame? Set this up and you'd get it!

--
John Hardin  KA7OHZ