[Dshield] Most absurd

Margles Singleton MarglesSingleton at firsthealth.com
Mon Sep 15 18:04:58 GMT 2003

InfraGard sponsors a poster contest for school children aimed at
educating them re: staying safe online.  Winners receive a trip to DC
and their school also may receive some funds.  You might wish to check
with your local chapter to see if training materials have already been
developed.

infragard.net

mas

On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 12:59, Deb Hale wrote:
> John,  I have developed mine own outline and Powerpoint presentation
based
> on many different resources.  I continue to develop and tune it based
on the
> feedback from the audiences and any new issues that come up.  There
is a lot
> of good information on the internet including SANS institutes
information.

> Here are some sights that I refer the attendees to for more
information:
> http://www.sans.org/rr/paper.php?id=616
> http://www.cert.org/homeusers/HomeComputerSecurity/
> http://www.sans.org/rr/paper.php?id=625
>
> I also use information from various sites to talk about things like
Identity
> Theft and Staying Safe Online and protecting children at all ages.
>
> There is a great deal of information available.  I have been teaching
> group of students from 7 to 12th grade now for 4 weeks.  The class is
once a
> week for an hour.  The kids had no idea that things like Kazaa are
not only
> illegal but also dangerous.  It has been really great working with
the kids
> and it has been well received. The school administration is really
pleased
> with the feedback that they have gotten from the kids. They have
discussed
> having me come to a parent teacher meeting and present the
information to
> them.
>
> I really want to educate the users - home and small business.

John's not the only one interested. While I'm sure many of us could
put
our own presentations together, many of us probably also lack the time
to assemble the material. You, on the other hand, have gone at least
that far.

Of course, it wouldn't be open source, but you might want to consider
fine tuning it and putting a price tag on it (not arguing against open
source; I love the stuff, but you did all the work).

Alan Frayer,CNE,CNI,CIW CI,MCP,Net+ - afrayer at frayernet.com
Seeking an IT Mgmt/Network Admin position in the Tampa Bay Region
If you would like to discuss an opportunity with me, please e-mail.