[Dshield] Incredible growth in spam this past month...

David Hart DavidHart at TQMcube.com
Mon Sep 15 19:04:25 GMT 2003

> From: John Hardin [mailto:johnh at aproposretail.com]

> It would be interesting to see how the IP addresses of the spam sources
> match the IP addresses of the MSBlast victims and/or the SoBig.F
> victims...
>
> --
They don't match at all (at least not on a random sample).

BTW the Postfix beta is perfectly stable. It allows you to redirect mail
from one instance to another which provides a complete white listing
solution WITHOUT procmail. In other words, I can now see DShield posts
that contain filtered words.

In turn, you can be extremely aggressive. Eliminate free-mail and bounce
back mail with attachments from unapproved senders and it solves both
problems.

      Hart's PGP Key: 0x7BFF655E - http://TQMcube.com/hart_pgp.txt
         Total Quality Management - A Commitment to Excellence
   Email acceptance policy: http://www.TQMcube.com/email_policy.html