[Dshield] A Bizarre Ebay Scam Email

blaize blaize7 at eircom.net
Mon Sep 15 19:06:12 GMT 2003

Hello all,

Got this very bizarre email today, which is obviously a scam lol.
What's interesting is that the text underneath the "please do not
reply" sentence only became visible when viewed in plain text or
highlight in the original html format. Just shows the dangers of html
email (sigh).

I've replaced my email addy with *******@*******.net. If User had been
spelled correctly I might have looked twice but I don't believe I
would have clicked the link.

Blaize  (contents of email and headers below)

"Dear eBay Uder,

During our regular udpate and verification of the accounts, we
couldn't verify your current information. Either your information has
changed or it is incomplete.

As a result, your access to bid or buy on Ebay has been restricted.
To start using your eBay account fully, please update and verify your
information by clicking below :

https://scgi.ebay.com/saw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?VerifyInformation
<http://scgi.ebay.com@%32%31%31%2E%33%33%2E%32%30%39%2E%31%34%35:%34%3
9%37%32/>

Regards,

eBay

**Please Do Not Reply To This E-Mail As You Will Not Receive A
Responce**

What's wwrong? jTL in 1930 in 1865 'Outlaw Volleyball' in 1853 TnXEyfN
dtXMOvTXxMY fH

3 million in race case in 2004 Let me... 137 You are on... 0 of
WEATHER 661 well No, not now."

Internet Headers