[Dshield] A Bizarre Ebay Scam Email

Bob Love bob.lists at raha.com
Tue Sep 16 02:08:14 GMT 2003

> https://scgi.ebay.com/saw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?VerifyInformation
> <http://scgi.ebay.com@%32%31%31%2E%33%33%2E%32%30%39%2E%31%34%35:%34%3
> 9%37%32/>

I got it too... we must be on the same spam address CD. :-)

They're basically sending you to http://211.33.209.145:4972

kornet.net don't have rdns records to go further, but would probably lead to
a dhcp broadband account would be my guess...

I got one yesterday. Trashed it. I got another today on another addy so
surprisingly, the site's still "up" - must have been > 24hrs already. I
wonder how many cards they got so far... They've certainly been thorough...
they even want the SSN and CVV2

The funniest part, was the bank pin... with the info they get they could
easily make cards with a card writer, go to the guy's bank, and withdraw to
the limit using his atm pin...

Do people actually fall for this?

Regards

Bob