[Dshield] Spammers discover the SQL Slammer concepts works - UDP 1026 spam traffic up

Johannes Ullrich jullrich at euclidian.com
Tue Sep 16 11:52:17 GMT 2003

Popup spam always used UDP. However, so far it used port 135. However,
after MS Blaster, a lot of ISPs blocked port 135. As a result, the
spam is now sent over the higher port 1026, which works as well.

A lot of this popup spam appears to be sent from spoofed IPs. I get a
lot of it with a source port of 666.

Johannes Ullrich                     jullrich at euclidian.com
         support at covad.net