[Dshield] New Microsoft Windows RPC vulnerability

Alan Frayer afrayer at frayernet.com
Wed Sep 17 01:47:03 GMT 2003

Please pardon the stupid question, but are you talking about blocking
those ports inbound or outbound? I know it doesn't seem to make much
difference, but I've got sites connected through a VPN, so I don't do
much in the way of blocking outbound, but I do block a lot of inbound
and the ports you list are all within my inbound blocking list (inbound
UDP >1023 is another story - still don't know what to do there).

Alan Frayer,CNE,CNI,CIW CI,MCP,Net+ - afrayer at frayernet.com
Seeking an IT Mgmt/Network Admin position in the Tampa Bay Region
If you would like to discuss an opportunity with me, please e-mail.