[Dshield] Re: [Full-Disclosure] Verisign abusing .COM/.NET monopoly, BIND releases new

George Theall theall at tifaware.com
Wed Sep 17 15:22:38 GMT 2003

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 09:13:52AM +0200, Michael Renzmann wrote:

> Did anyone else notice that the host behind this IP seems to be down? No
> ping reply, no answer to http-requests. No, wait: port 25 seems to be
> open (so there is a machine behind that IP).

Considering Verisign's history and the *large* number of mail messages
that site is likely to see, it wouldn't surprise me if Verisign were to
collect senders' addresses in a further attempt to market itself.

At least the mailer daemon there currently rejects messages right after
RCPT TO rather than after transferring any message content.

George
theall at tifaware.com