[Dshield] New Microsoft Windows RPC vulnerability

Dean_Larson@May-Co.com Dean_Larson at May-Co.com
Wed Sep 17 20:05:36 GMT 2003

what's warp?  when does that go off support?  tooooooo bad.  it was a great
o/s.  i purged it from my brain about 2 or 3 years ago, when ibm took it
off their web pages and the ibm support staff "upgraded" to nt.

             Michael Leone
             <loki at psu.edu>
             list-bounces at dshi         General DShield Discussion List
             eld.org                   <list at dshield.org>
                                                                        cc

             09/17/2003 02:45                                      Subject
             PM                        RE: [Dshield] New Microsoft Windows
                                       RPC vulnerability

             Please respond to
              General DShield
              Discussion List
             <list at dshield.org

I disabled RPC on a Windows XP machine....once. It didn't reboot. Had to
literally reload the machine.  I'd say just use some really obscure OS that
nobody else uses, then nobody would give two craps about making/finding
exploits.

OS2 Warp baby! Yeah!