[Dshield] stand alone home-user firewall

Doug White doug at clickdoug.com
Thu Sep 18 12:42:35 GMT 2003

For a stand-alone appliance SonicWall comes very highly recommended, but it is
nowhere near being free.

Just make sure unneeded services are disabled, and virus definitions are kept
current, as well as ZoneAlarm (properly configured with mail safe.

Featuring Win2003 Enterprise, RedHat Linux, CFMX 6.1 and all databases.
Suggested corporate Anti-virus policy: http://www.dshield.org/antivirus.pdf