[Dshield] stand alone home-user firewall

warpmedia warpmedia at comcast.net
Thu Sep 18 21:48:05 GMT 2003

This was July-August 2002. I sent them a detailed email saying I had done
everything possible including flash & factory restore. Problem was that the
unit would get an IP & could access admin page from LAN, just refused to
route LAN<->WAN.

They had me try all sorts of things & never really acknowledged that I had
done the ultimate by resetting & flashing. To me it was a given dead unit
as it had been causing problems for a month that I was blaming comcast for.
I got the basic stonewall about trying other things & I refused to do
anymore diagnosing on my dime.

Eventually they agreed to RMA & extend the warranty by 3 months to match
the amount of time it took to fail. By that time I had bought a RP114 that
gives me no issues.

Part of them problem was I refused to deal with them by phone as I knew the
unit was dead and didn't want to kill some page flipper on the other end.