[Dshield] Microsoft Patch

allan.malig@equitablepcib.com allan.malig at equitablepcib.com
Fri Sep 19 02:23:32 GMT 2003

I think that's the handywork of W32 Dumaru.A

                      Jose Vicente
                      Nunez Zuleta          To:    General DShield Discussion List <list at dshield.org>
                      <josevnz at newbrea      cc:
                      k.com>                bcc:
                      Sent by:              Subject:     Re: [Dshield] Microsoft Patch
                      list-bounces at dsh
                      ield.org

                      09/19/2003 09:44
                      AM
                      Please respond
                      to General
                      DShield
                      Discussion List

Yes, I got 10 of those emails.

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 18:41, Mike wrote:
> [...]
containing the latest security patch?

> With the ease that email headers can be faked I'm surprised M$ would send
out an attachment like this via email.  Imagine how easy it would be to
send out a fake email with malware attached!

> Has anyone tried to fake emails from M$ in the past?
>
> Guy

> Yes...I have!!
>
> Be well.
>
> Mike

Jose Vicente Nunez Zuleta <josevnz at newbreak.com>
Newbreak LLC

DISCLAIMER

This correspondence, including attachments, replies, CC (carbon copy) , BCC
(blind  carbon copy)  and forward copies are confidential and/or privileged
information  and intended solely for viewing by the addressee(s).    Please
ensure  that  reproductions  of  this  correspondence are kept in a secured
area..
If you are NOT a named addressee, or if you received this correspondence by
mistake,  please  notify  sender  immediately  and delete all copies of the
correspondence   and   associated   files.     Any   unauthorized  copying,
disclosure,   distribution   or    possession   of  the  material  in  this
correspondence  in  any  format   is  strictly  forbidden and is subject to
penalties  or sanctions as provided for by the Bank's Code of Conduct or by
applicable laws of the Republic of the Philippines.