[Dshield] Getting a lot of port 3651

John Sage jsage at finchhaven.com
Fri Sep 19 21:13:53 GMT 2003

Dan:

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 04:14:06PM -0400, Dan wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am getting a lot of hits on port 3651 from a LOT of different sources.
> Anyone else seeing this?
>
> -Dan

You give no context, whatsoever..

/* snip */
/* snip */

I'm betting you're on DSL.

By chance did you just get a new IP address?

Could be what I call "dialup cruft": P2P or filesharing of somesort
intended for the previous occupant of the IP address you have now.

One thought, anyway...

- John
--
"Warning: time of day goes back, taking countermeasures."
John Sage