[Dshield] Microsoft Patch

Kenneth Coney superc at visuallink.com
Sat Sep 20 01:02:58 GMT 2003

Microsoft doesn't email patches.  It is an infection attempt.  I.e., you
are under attack.  I got 173 such emails today.  From patch at ms.com,
xyof9s at icroft.com.net2, security at update.microsoft.net,
urgentupdatefrommsn at besafe.ms.com, etc., etc.  None of them real.  Kind of
dumb in my opinion.  The slowest of users has got to figure something is
wrong when more than 100 emails asking him to click on the attachment show
up in his mailbox on the same day.  :)