[Dshield] Fwd: ALERT: Your email has not been received byeBay.(KMM90984046V82225L0KM)

Paul Fottler paulf at salem.cc
Tue Sep 23 16:43:59 GMT 2003

Greetings!!

Outlook has a function that is basically the normal "forward" from other clients, it is just stupidly hidden and not anywhere intuitive to find for use. I found this out from the Postfix installation guide by Scott Vintinner located at:
http://lawmonkey.org/anti-spam.html

Steps to "resend" and email.
-Open the received email.
-Go to the "Actions" menu item.
-Select "Resend this message" from the bottom of the list.
-Answer yes, when it whines about you not being the original sender.
-Delete the original recipients in "To, CC, and BCC" fields.
-Delete the original sender name in the "From" field. This may need to be enabled in the "View" menu.
-Enter your new desired recipient/s and send.

As far as I have seen, this will perform a traditional forward, preserving headers and such.
Hope this helps.

Paul Fottler
Information Systems Lead
Salem Communications