[Dshield] Blocked Dshield list

Kenneth Coney superc at visuallink.com
Tue Sep 23 20:33:07 GMT 2003

Well, today they quarantined vol 9, issue 38 also even though I had already
opted out of their filters, and I went off.  They had ignored my previous
"end user" emails about the quarantine, and then they did it again.  I
called my IP and was told there was no way to get things out of quarantine.
  At that point I raged until they gave me "real live human" contact info
for Postini, then I contacted them.  I ignored their end user spiel as
there is a little clause buried somewhere in the Electronic
Telecommunications Act (ETA) about intentionally blocking someone's email
without their consent being a Federal crime, and I made mention of it and
asked for contact info for their General Counsel, if they weren't going to
fix the problem.  Seems dumb to sue someone for a blocked Dshield list I
know, but I only work 4 hours or so a week and it is the principal of the
thing, and I do have the time...  It worked.  The hint about the ETA and
potential losses to me if I can't receive my emails got a response and
Postini and my IP promptly got together and found a way of releasing the
quarantines.  It remains to be seen if the fix is permanent or just for today.