[Dshield] MAC address registry?

Josh Tolley josh at raintreeinc.com
Tue Sep 23 20:53:27 GMT 2003

Hi, All...

I have a couple unknown devices on my network, and want to find out what
sort of devices they are before I raid the office looking for them. Nmap
-O doesn't give much, because it seems these UND (Unidentified Network
Devices *grin*) aren't responding to anything other than a ping. So
basically all I have is the MAC address I pulled from my arp cache after
pinging the silly things. I've seen people post practicals and things
telling about how they found what brands different routers and things
were based on MAC address -- where do I go to look that stuff up? Google
didn't return anything immediately apparent, though I'm going to keep
looking... Thanks in advance.

Josh Tolley