[Dshield] Port 17300

Jon R. Kibler Jon.Kibler at aset.com
Wed Sep 24 23:45:02 GMT 2003

Deb Hale wrote:

> I have been seeing an increase in port 17300 traffic in the last few days.
> According to the ISC graph for port 17300, there has been a significant
> increase in the number of targets in the same time period.  Any ideas what
> could be going on with this port.  I know that Kuang uses this port.  Is it
> possible that we have something new?
>
> Deb
>
> www.bcpenterprise.com
>

> _

For the past 2 weeks, I have been seeing a lot of random spikes on 17300... a whole bunch hits from different IPs over a very short period of time, then nothing for several hours or a few days. The spikes are so grouped together, it makes me wonder if the IPs are forged.

Jon R. Kibler
A.S.E.T., Inc.
Charleston, SC  USA