[Dshield] Microsoft - Threat to National Security?

Josh Tolley josh at raintreeinc.com
Thu Sep 25 18:08:20 GMT 2003

Kenneth Coney wrote (excerpt):

> Sadly, more and more of the Pentagon has become Windows based.
> Government and industry was forced by software compatibility issues,
> back in the days, to pick which box was going to be the future.  User
> friendly added impetus to the changeover. End consumers didn't want a
> system that forced them to manually deal with "174 If A3$  = DY$, then
> goto 9382," or arrays, and pixels, etc.  Windows software is what 99
> out of 100 businesses (including government offices) run on.  Oil
> tankers use Windows based software to steer the big ships.

I'm not sure if anyone has paid attention to the Windows EULA lately...
in fairly recent memory the license agreement we all agree to when
installing Windows had a disclaimer at the bottom saying "this software
should not be used on critical systems such as air-traffic control" or
something like that. Is it still there?

Josh Tolley