[Dshield] Slightly OT - Possible MS Patch Side-effects

Mark Tombaugh mtombaugh at alliedcc.com
Thu Sep 25 18:17:55 GMT 2003

On Thursday 25 September 2003 12:08 pm, rsclark at kingwoodcable.net wrote:
> So now to the $64,000 question: What in the last round of patches causes IE
> to ignore the directive to route all ftp traffic through a proxy?

Its possible that the browser upgrades hosed the I.E. Connection Settings.
Under the Advanced Connection settings on I.E. check that FTP has the correct
proxy address configured (check use same proxy server for all protocols if
you use a single proxy server).

Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > Advanced
Just a guess, and possibly a threat to national security.

--
Mark Tombaugh <mtombaugh at alliedcc.com>
Allied Computer Corporation <http://www.alliedcc.com>