[Dshield] RBL deaths OT?

Bjorn Stromberg bjorn at thechemistrylab.com
Thu Sep 25 20:48:07 GMT 2003

You left compu-net out of your summary, any speculation as to why they were
targeted?

Frankly, it's frightening to see these organizations being shut down. What
recourse do we have as citizens of the net to bring an end to these massive
DDoS attacks? With spoofed IP's being used in the attacks the only people in
a position to end these attacks are the ISPs as they are the only ones with
the access to the true IPs of the computers being used in the attacks.

Unless the ISPs step up and actively identify and suspend zombies we will
continue to be terrorized by these spam thugs.

Bjorn Stromberg
Mid-Continent Testing Laboratories, Inc.
http://www.TheChemistryLab.com/