[Dshield] Fwd: Newest Network Upgrade

Sue Young smy at gcmlp.com
Thu Sep 25 21:03:11 GMT 2003

We also had an "educational" experience yesterday.  A guy brought welchia in
on a laptop.  Just about everything was patched, but the 4 servers that
weren't nearly took down the whole network.  Luckily they just authorized
HFNetChkPro for us and said that I can patch major problems immediately so
in the future I shouldn't miss any machines.  It would have been a nightmare
if any more machines hadn't been patched.  I am so not laughing at the State
Department right now.  One laptop can cause a world of hurt.

Sue Young