[Dshield] Economic statistics

Alan Frayer afrayer at frayernet.com
Tue Sep 30 17:36:21 GMT 2003

Can anyone point me to a site where I can get economic statistics on
virus/worm impact? Something like the amount of money spent in the last
year or so (est.) on recovery from infection, and perhaps estimates of
the number of machines infected annually? I'm working on a presentation
addressing steps end-users can take to protect themselves from Internet
intrusion, and was looking for some legit eye-opening statistics.

Also, just wanting to be clear on this, but the difference between a
virus and a worm lies with the mode of replication, does it not? I once
had this down pat, but lack of discussion has made my memory foggy.

Alan Frayer,CNE,CNI,CIW CI,MCP,Net+ - afrayer at frayernet.com
Seeking an IT Mgmt/Network Admin position in the Tampa Bay Region
If you would like to discuss an opportunity with me, please e-mail.