[Dshield] Economic statistics

Andrew.Patrick@kemperservices.com Andrew.Patrick at kemperservices.com
Tue Sep 30 19:23:56 GMT 2003

>the difference between a virus and a worm lies
>with the mode of replication, does it not? I once
>had this down pat, but lack of discussion has
>made my memory foggy.

Actually, I believe that, technically, worms are a subset of viruses (i.e.
all worms are also viruses, but not all viruses are worms).

The defining characteristic of a worm, as opposed to other types of
viruses, is that a worm does not require any human action to spread....

Andy Patrick, GCIA, CCNA
Sr. Info. Security Analyst
x3621

DISCLAIMER:
This communication, along with any documents, files or attachments, is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of any information contained in or attached to this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original communication and its attachments without reading, printing or saving in any manner. This communication does not form any contractual obligation on behalf of the sender or, the sender's employer, or the employer's parent company, affiliates or subsidiaries.