[Dshield] Open Proxy Warning...

Doug White doug at clickdoug.com
Fri Apr 2 14:52:42 GMT 2004

I am guessing that you were reported as an open relay, possibly falsely, which
got an immediate listing, then when they ran their test, you were cleared of
guilt. :-)

This is always the risk when spam parsers look too closely at the domain
(frequently spoofed), the envelope sender (most always spoofed) when the IP
number is the key.

My system had a similar experience when it was configured to accept mail and
then dumped it into dev/nul instead of a REJECT, a situation which has since
been corrected.

Doug

Stop spam on your domain, Anti-spam solutions
http://www.clickdoug.com/mailfilter.cfm