[Dshield] D-Link DI-604 Router

Wayne Larmon wlarmon at dshield.org
Tue Apr 6 04:09:59 GMT 2004

(snipped exchange on the state of D-Link router logging.  US models of
DI-604s don't support syslogging.)

> Well looks like I'm outta luck, I have US firmware 3.36 and tried
> to use the
> Syslog Daemon with no success. Looks like I'll have to manually copy and
> paste emails into excel. If anyone happens to have any other
> suggestions for
> a windows based logger or viewer for the DLink DI-604 I would

Even though we hope to get the server based D-Link parser working,
eventually, I'll write a CVTWIN converter if you work out how to mail the
logs to yourself and save them to a disk file.  Yes, this will still be
manual, but it will allow you to submit logs.

Contact me off-list to work out the details.

Wayne Larmon
DShield.org
wlarmon at dshield.org