[Dshield] An unfixed highly critical vulnerability discoveredinMicrosoft Internet Explorer

Chuck Lewis clewis at iquest.net
Thu Apr 8 21:01:02 GMT 2004

Here is something I got on another list I'm on after posting a warning about
this (and giving credit to the Dshield list):

" Yet another IE flaw to block w/eSafe.

And another unpatched flaw:
http://www.greymagic.com/security/advisories/gm005-mc/

YaHoo and MSN have took steps against it, but
nothing stops me from using it in html email or
on one of my sites.

Do some searching and you can find many known and
unfixed flaws in IE.  Many are there by design and
are not bugs!

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.
Why anyone still uses Internet Explorer for generic
web browsing is beyond me.

Select it's Icon, right click on it, click properties
and then advanced.  Run it under different creditials.
Create a generic user on your computer.  Give it access
to just about nothing (except the install dir and a few
other needed items) and you have a much safer web surfing environment.
Virtually free of Viruses, worms, and spyware."

But I also understand the statements about NOT dumping IE. We were Netscape
for as long as I could hold out. But that "when's the new release going to
come out" nightmare of a few years ago, coupled with key vendor sites not
working with Netscape turned out to be the "nails in the coffen".

Chuck