[Dshield] An unfixed highly critical vulnerability discovered in Microsoft Internet Explorer

John Holmblad jholmblad at aol.com
Fri Apr 9 02:24:01 GMT 2004

Chris,

other than the inability to transparently share my "favorites" list
between Netscape 7.1 and IE 5.X/6.0 I have no problem switching between
the two products. I would like to learn more about what breaks when you
move off of  IE 5.X/6.0 on a Microsoft OS aside from the loss of
configurability by means of  Microsoft Group Policy which is, for large
networks, no doubt a very useful feature. In my opinion, Jonanne's
advice is probably actionable at least 80% of the time, if only users
understood that alternatives ARE available to IE 6.0 in the Microsoft OS
environment.

--

Best Regards,

John Holmblad