[Dshield] An unfixed highly critical vulnerability discovered in Microsoft Internet Explorer

Carboni, Chris ccarboni at azerty.com
Fri Apr 9 13:10:08 GMT 2004

I've done a bit of testing (not a lot mind you, but some) with other
browsers (Opera) trying to see what happens when they access a few in-house
web apps.

I got as far as not being able to log in (not just once or twice either) and
threw my hands up, shook my head, muttered to myself and went back to
fighting fires.  Not being a programming type limited my ability to
troubleshoot the application end.  If memory serves, sniffer traces showed a
refusal to validate similar to an incorrect username and/or password.

Hope that helps.

-Chris