[Dshield] What is my ISP doing?

Steve itmanager at rjl-pensions.com
Fri Apr 9 13:06:28 GMT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: list-bounces at lists.dshield.org [mailto:list-bounces at lists.dshield.org]
On Behalf Of Chuck Lewis
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 9:01 AM
To: 'General DShield Discussion List'
Subject: RE: [Dshield] What is my ISP doing?

Yep,

I caught that late last year and wasn't sure what it was. I reported it to
"abuse: at RR and got this back:

Hello,

The securityscan.sec.rr.com machine is a Road Runner Security resource that
is used as a tool to aid customers in determining services that may be
abused from outside sources. We fully understand your concerns surrounding
the probing of your machine. This issue has been raised internally and we
hope this email helps you better understand our process.

Thanks for the info it was greatly appreciated.

Steve

---